HOME CHRONICLES: Gingerbread Coffee Bar

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gingerbread Coffee Bar

I've had a coffee bar for a little over a year now. At first I wasn't sure if we would actually use the space. I was hoping it would be an area that could be cute and functional. My husband drinks coffee on the daily. I have started drinking it more, but I usually have some coffee with my creamer. Right now I am loving the peppermint mocha creamer, it is delicious. If you've tried it then you know just how good it is. 
For this Christmas season, and really just for wintertime,  I decided I wanted to make a fun coffee/hot cocoa bar. It just screams winter when Amelia gets to run around in the snow and then come in for a warm cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows on top. I knew I had to create this space when I found this sign from KD Mae Designs, isn't it just the cutest! I love it, it completely brings this space to life. I also finally get to use the Christmas mugs I found last year. Thankfully, they fit perfectly on these tiered trays. I even had a little space to put a little brush tree.
I love waking up and heading to this coffee/hot cocoa bar and picking out my mug for the day. Some days when I'm picking out my mug I will just grab the closest one to me, other days I will read the saying on the mug and see which one I'm feelin' that day.
Today I chose Get Cozy because that's what I wanted to do, but in reality I ended up finalizing my Christmas decor. I can't wait to show you all it!
Here is the coffee bar/hot cocoa bar.

We use this space every day. We hide our k-cups in the rae Dunn canister with the black and white lid. It has made life so much easier to have everything we need (besides refrigerated items) right here in this one little space. Mugs, coffee, hot cocoa, the Keurig, k-cups in the canister, marshmallows, crushed peppermint, straws (aka stir sticks), and today we even had some cookies on here. Notice how I said "had" because they are gone now. Someone found a little afternoon snack. 

No comments: