HOME CHRONICLES: Apple Sandwich: Whole Foods Recipe

Friday, May 22, 2015

Apple Sandwich: Whole Foods Recipe

I posted this picture on my Instagram and quite a few of you liked it so I thought I would go ahead and write a blog post about it. 

Cut out the middle part that is hard but oh so pretty!

Like this!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Add some peanut butter (I used natural chunky peanut butter)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
And then stack them like a sandwich
And enjoy!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Okay folks, if you haven't tried this! Why not!? It is the best-healthy snack I have ever had! Shane and I are doing another whole foods plant based diet. We just want to trim down a little bit and start making some healthy habits. Basically our meals have consisted of fruits and vegetables. Surprisingly, we have been shocked at how appetizing the recipes have been. If you guys have seen any of my Instagram pictures and want to know the recipe please feel free to ask and I will make a blog for it!

The first couple days we were on this intense (pretty much vegan and dairy free) "life style change" I was so crabby! Wow does sugar have a hold on me. I haven't been eating any sugar. The only sugar I have been eating is like sugar from honey and sugar that's in like crackers. So no chocolate, no leftover Easter candy, no nada! The detox is still going pretty strong, but I am already starting to feel better.
 
This might sound super cheesy but I am going to say it anyways because it has really helped me. Every time I feel myself wanting to eat sugar, that I know is not good for me I am going to try to read scripture or turn my eyes and my thoughts on Jesus because I can not face this "battle" on my own. I need help coming from somewhere other then my flesh.
2 Corinthians 10:4 the New International Version says,
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."

If you have any yummy healthy recipes that I should try please let me know! Until then I will be snacking on my yummy apples and this yummy smoothie. This smoothie is basically a salad in a cup! You should try it, it is so good!


Cellery, carrots, broccoli, and strawberries!

I thought I would throw this picture in this post as my flash back Friday.
I so badly want to go to another Broncos game- so does Daddy and Amelia.
Have I told you guys that her favorite color is orange.
If you point to something and ask her what color it is no matter
what color it actually is she will say, "orange". I love it!


No comments: