HOME CHRONICLES: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Monday, November 3, 2014

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I just made the easiest and tastiest meal! I just had to share it with you all so I am sitting down to write this blog post because it.is.that.good. Plus, I will add it is healthy and filling!

A family pleaser for sure!

Here's how you make it- 

1) Throw how ever many chicken breasts (or whatever chicken you have) into a skillet on anywhere from a medium to high temperature. Listen, the more you make the better- you can reheat the extras tomorrow for lunch. Score!

2) Put some oil into the pan, and I chopped up a whole onion and put it right on top of the chicken. Then let your chicken cook for about 30 minutes (mine was frozen so if your meat is not frozen you will just want to let it cook until it is a little more then half way cooked)

3) While your meat is cooking go ahead and chop up a green and red pepper.

3) Once it is a little more then half way cooked flip your chicken over and throw in the chopped green and red pepper.

4) Add whatever seasoning you would like. I added salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Garlic salt is the secret ingredient.

5) Once your chicken is full cooked then take it out and put in onto a cutting board and shred it, and then throw it back into your skillet. I let everything cook for just a little bit longer just to let all of the flavors really seep into each other.

6) Then grab a tortilla and heat it in the microwave or on a skillet and put some of the chicken, onion, and pepper mix onto it with some refried beans, salsa, and cheese! I added a side of pears just because that is the fruit that I have on hand, feel free to add any side that you like.

7) Enjoy!

Here is a picture walk of how I made it:



If you try it you have to let me know how it went, and if your family enjoyed it! My family ate it right on up!

I hope everybody had a surprisingly good Monday!

No comments: