HOME CHRONICLES: Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Aka Best Salad Ever

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Aka Best Salad Ever


I participated in a Free Seven Day Clean Eating Challenge. It was great, I really enjoyed the food that was on the already made meal plan for the seven days. The lady who opened the challenge also gave us a shopping list for the meal plan.

One of my favorite recipes on the meal plan was this Honey Mustard Chicken Salad.


I posted this picture on Facebook and had a couple people ask for the recipe, and I am happy to share it with you guys because it is seriously so tasty! Who says clean eating isn't delicious!? Here is the recipe from the meal plan that I was given.

Here are the directions for the Honey Mustard Chicken
Ingredients:
Five chicken breasts
1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard (I used French's)
3 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
Salt to taste

Directions:
1. Mix the mustard with the honey
2. Add the Parsley and the salt to the mixture and stir it
3.  If you are going to grill it then coat the chicken with the mixture and then cook it on the grill for about 7 minutes on each side (or until fully cooked).
If you are cooking it on the stove top like I did then put your chicken in the pan and cook it for 35-40 minutes (until it is almost cooked) and then add the sauce to the chicken and coat the chicken and then cook it until it is done!

Here are the directions for the salad
Ingredients:
3 Cups of mixed greens
A couple of the Honey Mustard chicken pieces- cubed or shredded
5 Cherry Tomatoes (I used 9)
1/2 Cucumber sliced
1/2 Avocado sliced

Directions:
Just mix all of those ingredients together, and you have a yummy salad!

For the dressing: Here is the recipe from the challenge meal plan
Mix
3 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbls Orange Juice
2 Tbls Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Raw Honey
1 Tsp Mustard

I ended up doing this for the dressing because I didn't have all of those ingredients and it turned out really good! I am obsessed with this dressing now.
3 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 1/2 Tbls (or to taste) Vinegar
1 1/2 Tsp Mustard
1 Tsp Honey
Mix it well and enjoy!

If you end up making it let me know how you like it! And if you have some yummy salad recipes you have been loving lately I would love to have it!

No comments: