HOME CHRONICLES: Krispie Kreme Cupcakes

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Krispie Kreme Cupcakes


Ladies,
This is the recipe I have waited my whole life to find, it is that good! They were devoured in no time. This is the type of recipe that you want to make everyday, but know you shouldn't due to the fact that you would want to eat them all! These cupcakes are sweet, but not to sweet. I definitely recommend double batching the glaze so you can double dip your cupcake into it. It really sets them off. 

I usually prefer to mix the ingredients by hand with a fork or a whisk (for a little workout), but my mother-in-law bought me a mixer and I have started using it, and I am hooked on it because it makes the cooking process so much more smooth and enjoyable.



 Krispie Kreme Cupcakes
Ingredients:
For the cupcake dough:
1/4 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Milk

For the Glaze:
3 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
1 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Hot Water

Directions:
1. Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees
2. In a medium sized bowl cream together the butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until they are smooth (This takes a little while so make sure you wait until it is creamy and smooth)
3. Add the 2 eggs and beat them into your mixture
4. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla
5. Stir in the flour and the milk alternatively. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Make sure everything is mixed in really well.
6. Grease your muffin tin or the paper liners
7. Spoon out your dough evenly
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes (I just found this out that if you do not have enough for a whole dozen then you are supposed to fill the empty muffin places with water)
9. Start making your glaze- in a medium bowl mix the melted butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and water until they are smooth.
10. Once your muffins are done baking then dip them into the glaze. I just did it with the wrapper/paper liner and just dipped the muffin top right into the glaze. I let the first dip dry and then I dipped it again. It made a really nice layer of glaze that tasted divine.
11. Enjoy!

To quote my husband, "these are the best thing you have ever made!" Woohoo! I will take it.

No comments: