HOME CHRONICLES: Homemade Rice Krispie Treats

Friday, December 20, 2013

Homemade Rice Krispie Treats

My poor husband has been wanting me to make Rice Krispie treats since we have been engaged. I finally made them for him, and they are so easy! I do not know why I didn't make them before.
If you don't make your Rice Krispie treats to thick then you can make several of them.
Rice Krispie treats
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons butter
1 bag of regular marshmallows (or 4 cups of the mini marshmallows which is what I did so we could have some left over for hot chocolate)
6 Cups Rice Krispie cereal
Directions:
1. Melt your butter in a large saucepan in between low and medium heat 
2. Pour your marshmallows into the sauce pan with the melted butter and melt the marshmallows
3. Pour in your Rice Krispies and stir them around until they are evenly coated with marshmallow
4. Get your dishes ready, and grease them
5. Squish the Rice Krispie mix into your dishes however thick you would like them to be
6. Cut and serve
7. Enjoy!




Step 1 and 2.

Step 3.



Step 4 and 5.
Some hungry mouths got to these before I could take a picture of them. The dish in the top picture I made for my friend that just had a baby. I love recipes that make a ton so you don't end up feeling like what you made was gone in a nanosecond, and you can share!

Step 6 and 7.

My friend came over so I could do a trial run of her hair and make-up for her wedding. We still had some Rice Krispie treats that I was able to serve: she actually ended up taking some for her fiancĂ© who loves them!

No comments: