HOME CHRONICLES: Co-Sleeping With Amelia

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Co-Sleeping With Amelia


There are so many parenting types, and there are so many different types of babies. Here is one parenting style Shane and I used while raising Amelia. We co-slept with Amelia for the first six months of her life. 

Co-sleeping was amazing for Shane and I. During the first few weeks I just piled up pillows on our bed and slept with Amelia on my chest. I will never forget that feeling of sleeping with my baby on the outside of me finally! I loved cuddling with her all night. Thankfully, it made feeding her in the night so easy when I perfected the football position (where you lay on your side and put your baby on his/her side to feed him/her). I was so tired and sore from my C-section so the football position was life changing for me.

We stopped co-sleeping at about 6 months after we moved into our house. She was just to big to sleep with Shane and I, and I started not sleeping very well so we decided it was time for her to start sleeping by herself. Once we started letting her sleep by herself she started sleeping through the night: I think it was a combination of her not being able to smell me so she didn't want to eat and we also started feeding her cereal at night. Plus, we invested in a nice loud fan. It was wonderful to say the least!

I slept through the night and I couldn't believe when I woke up it was light outside. Also, I couldn't believe how good it felt to feel refreshed! Amelia was also very happy when she woke up! We both got a good nights rest. She has slept through the night ever since then., and so have I!




I just think sleeping baby pictures are so precious. There is such a peace about it!
 
What has been your experiences with co-sleeping?


No comments: