HOME CHRONICLES: How I Optimize my Hairs Volume

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How I Optimize my Hairs Volume

How I optimize my hairs volume, aka, how I get my hair to have volume! Since I have cut it I have had more volume which helps! Here is one strategy I use to get some volume in my hair! It also adds texture because my hair is naturally pretty straight.
 

First I took a shower and put my hair in a French braid and slept on it.
 
 
This is what it looked like when I woke up.
 


Then I took the braid out and it was wavy and voluminous! Usually at this point I put mousse in it to keep the volume and add to it, but today I liked the way that my hair was swooping to I decided to go with it and to an up do.
 


 
Side and two back views. I pinned up the side because it was naturally laying their anyways so I just worked with it. Then I just did a simple bun.
 



 
Then I put some make-up on. I am wearing Revlon foundation under my eyes, L'Oreal powder foundation, Maybelline liquid eyeliner pen, Cover Girl blush, Pixi lip stain, and Maybelline mascara. I just wanted a natural-light look with a pop of lip stick!
 
 
This is what I wore with this make-up and hair look. It is a tank top dress from Plato's Closet, a striped collar jacket from TJMaxx, classic black pants, my black and white studded gladiator sandals, and my statement necklace from Dillard's.
 

No comments: