HOME CHRONICLES: Homemade Pancake Mix: Banana Substitute

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Homemade Pancake Mix: Banana Substitute

My husband loves, and when I say love I mean loves pancakes! He would eat them everyday. I ran across this homemade pancake mix and had to try it.
 
Homemade Pancake Mix
1) 4 Cups flour
2) 1/8 Cup sugar
3) 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
4) 1/2 Tbsp. Baking Soda
5) 1/2 Tsp. Salt
 
It makes quite a bit, but I doubled the recipe to make a bunch so I could put it into my new (from TJMaxx!) big jar and have it on demand.
 
When you are ready to make your pancakes-
1) 1 1/2 Cups of the mix
2) one egg
3) 1 Cup milk
 
When you make the regular pancakes it is delicious! Today I decided to make it a little healthier and tastier, I added one banana instead of the egg! Oh my lands!!! They were so good! We ate them with peanut butter and pure maple syrup.
 
We will definitely be having these pancakes again: I will be surprised if my husband doesn't ask for these tomorrow morning.
 
I love finding recipes that my husband loves!!! Especially, easy ones like this.
 
My mother and father-in-law are coming to town soon and I can't wait to make these for them!
 

 

 

 

No comments: