HOME CHRONICLES: What to Do During a Season of Decor L.I.M.B.O.

Friday, December 29, 2017

What to Do During a Season of Decor L.I.M.B.O.

All over instagram the past couple days I have seen several people ask whether or not it is time to take down the Christmas decor or not. Honestly, I am on the fence about this one. I am loving my Christmas decor still, and I don't know if I can part with it yet. On the flip side, I am ready for a clean slate to work with. So maybe it is time I take it down. Either way, I have come up with a fun acrostic poem for the word L.I.M.B.O. One that I am going to follow for the next week before I know exactly what I want to do with my home and the decor because I am feeling like I am in a season of decor limbo. I am hoping it will help to keep me on track of maintaining a clean and functioning home.

Here are some helpful hints for what you could be doing in your home right now while you may be feeling in a season of L.I.M.B.O.

L linens- Wash the linens, and then switch out the Christmas pillow covers and stach them away for next year, and pull out the ones that are going to be used for the next season. This will automatically freshen up your home. There's just something that always feels good about clean pillows on the couch. Also, throw blankets add a lot to a space in a transition time. You can choose to incorporate a different color into your decor through a new throw blanket. Or stick with the old and classic, and wash it and throw it on the couch and call it good. During this time of year I like to choose super soft and cozy throw blankets, I also like to choose ones that have a great texture.






I  Invest in some greenery. You will be amazed at how inspiring having some fresh greenery is. Whenever I buy fresh greenery, it always makes me want to create a cozy space and it completely inspires me to get movin'. I could stare at a room for days and think, "oh man, I need to clean that and organize it, and make it look all pretty" but, as soon as I buy flowers, I almost always feel inspired to get a jump start on the room. PLUS, greenery is always so pretty! You can buy greenery at your local florist or even your grocery store for very inexpensive.






M  Morning cleaning. In this transition time between seasons why not take this time to really create a really good morning cleaning routine that works for you. One that you can get into a habit of doing everyday. Plus, I can't even think about decorating my home when its dirty. I need a clean slate to work with. (Alright, here's an extra because I also think Mugs would be good for the M. because mugs are one of my favorite things to decorate with. I use them on my coffee bar, I use them anywhere where there is a cozy spot for drinking coffee and reading a magazine.


B Books, books are always a great filler decor, and they look pretty. I bought a whole bag of books for $1 at a garage sale over the summer. I ended up ripping off the covers of the books and using them as decor. I also have some vintage red ones that I love using during this time of year. Books go great in any vignette. I also love the look of books randomly stacked and then place a couple of old vintage bottles on top of them. Or stack the books vertically and use corbels on the ends instead of the usual book end.






O Organize Organize the decor that you need to put away, and make sure its all safely packaged away. Then start to organize a plan on what you want your home to look like once you've put away the previous seasons decor. I use Pinterest a lot to organize my thoughts and to find inspiring ideas. Happy planning!

I hope this fun little acrostic poem helps you get going through this limbo season.


No comments: