HOME CHRONICLES: DIY Pumpkins with Revolution Performance Fabric-

Thursday, August 31, 2017

DIY Pumpkins with Revolution Performance Fabric-

Hey friends! This morning I woke up to take the two puppies out and I was shocked at the crisp air that is already here. Fall is coming and I couldn't be more excited! Happy September 1st it's time to decorate for fall, and fall just sort of exploded all over my home. August was a great month, I am looking forward to what September has to offer. Fall decor can be really expensive and to be honest I don't have that much of it. I really wanted some more pumpkins to display. Have you guys seen those adorable fabric pumpkins floating all over Pinterest and Instagram, I decided to try it out and make a couple. There was a small learning curve, but once I figured it out it went smoothly. Now you can just call me the crazy pumpkin lady! 

What you will need to make a fabric pumpkin for this fall.

-a piece of fabric, I am using a fabric sample from Revolution Performance Fabric from their Foreshore fabric line.
-some twine
-some stuffing, I ended up grabbing an old pillow and cut out the stuffing.
-some twigs so you can make a stem.
Now it's time to make some beautiful pumpkins!

Lay your fabric out and place the stuffing in the middle of it.

Then bring all four corners up and make sure you have a firm hold on them.


Put the twig in between the four corners to make your stem.

Now wrap a long piece of twine around the four corners and twig and tie it off.

Now fold up one of the flaps that have a gap and pull down the twine and wrap it around the bottom of the pumpkin to the other side. Then wrap the twine once around the stem. Then do this step two more times to make sure all of the gaps are being held up by twine.

After you've completed the previous step them wrap the twine a couple times around the stem of the pumpkin. Then tie the end of the twine to one of the twine straps (pictured above). Then tuck the knot into the pumpkin to hide it.

And voila! You have a fabric pumpkin that you can now use for fall decor.


Today I also want to share more with you about this new company I've come across, Revolution Performance Fabrics. I found them through Instagram and have been super impressed. So of course I have to share the goodness with you guys!
Revolution Performance Fabrics sent me a ton of their fabric samples. They have so many different fabric patterns. They are all equally beautiful, and unbelievably soft.
I love one of their mottos for their company and fabrics, "because life happens" like this photo below. Worry not, they are stain resistant! Being a young momma that eases my mind so much.

Their are no chemicals added to these fabrics, and they are really easy to clean.

Isn't this chais just gorgeous! The fabric is super durable so they make perfect upholstery fabric.

How beautiful are these four chairs that have been upholstered in the Revolution Performance Fabric. The fabric is perfect for this room with all of the light coming in because their fabrics resist fading in the sun.

Here are a few more fabric colors they have available. They seriously have a ton of different patterns and colors. I would recommend going to their website to check them all out. The company leaves the smallest carbon footprint, and they are 100% made in the USA. If you are looking for fabric for pillows or curtains or fabric to upholster a piece of furniture this is the company for you!

I hope you all have a great day!!
Adele

No comments: