HOME CHRONICLES: Vanilla Yogurt Parfait

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Vanilla Yogurt Parfait


Getting our home now means that I get my kitchen back! I'll be honest, cooking is not what I would choose to do for fun. I would much rather be playing with Amelia or doing some diy project. However, since we live in such a small town if I don't cook we don't eat. Plus, the hubs love language is food. So, with that being said I definitely have to cook. To make it a little more fun for me I have been checking out Pinterest like crazy to find great recipes. Another thing I do to make it even more fun I take step by step pictures of the process of whatever I am cooking so that I can write my own blog on it. What do you guys do to make cooking more fun?

Well before I share this breakfast I whipped up let me tell you this quick sweet story about Amelia.
Today we were headed off to Amelia and I's first mommy/daughter dance class. However, on the drive over to Perryton (a town 12ish minutes away) Amelia decided it was nap time. I wanted to let her sleep as long as possible so I just relaxed in the car while she slept. Sometimes as a mama I have to get a break whenever, wherever I can! Ya feel me! : ) After she slept and I relaxed we ended up just going grocery shopping and having a fun mommy/daughter date instead.

    Anyways, this dance class we planned to go to is in the morning so we needed something for breakfast that was quick, filling, and tasted good! So we went for yogurt, granola, and fruit. I love vanilla yogurt, especially vanilla Greek yogurt! It is so creamy and you can do so much stuff with it. Like make cookies, or add toppings to it, or even just eat it plain. I have been having so much fun figuring out where everything is at in our local grocery store, it is just fun seeing the new products they have that I have never seen before. Well, I found this amazing granola cereal that was on sale for 2 for $5 so I figured we should go ahead and try it. I am so glad I did, because it is really good! I combined the two delicious ingredients and added the granola to the vanilla yogurt, I also added some strawberries and blueberries! Yum! It is such a yummy-healthy snack and it really curves my sweet tooth. What are your favorite yogurt concoctions? Here are the snap shots from our fun day!


I posted this one on my Instagram account, and thank you guys so much for the love on it!



Am I the only one that loves to check out other peoples grocery baskets?

We really like this Special K Granola with a touch of honey. 
Our favorite Greek yogurt is Oikos. 

Sometimes I will just make it in the Oikos container
so I don't have to do any dishes and it is really convenient. 
But, some times I like to put it in a bowl.

Look at that sleeping beauty! 

After awhile she conked out on her bed. 



No comments: