HOME CHRONICLES: Happy Valentine's Day! Choose Option Three!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day! Choose Option Three!



Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love. My first valentine ever was my hubby Shane. He asked me out on February 26th for our first date. But, on Valentine's day he bought me some chocolate (he knew me so well already) and he also bought me a calendar. I used that calendar to mark down special events in the beginning of our relationship. For example, our first time holding hand, our first kiss, our first time saying I love you. I was also writing these events down secretly so it was a big surprise for him, it is a really special calendar to both of us now.

But back to my first statement, Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love, this statement can go two ways. One, awe yay I get to spoil my love and go on a date. Or, two, wow, I am single another year blah!

I would like to introduce another option for you. Option three, oh I am single again, but that's okay I am going to rent a comedy (not a romantic movie to put salt in the wounds) and invite some of my other single ladies over to hang out with me (not to mope, but to support each other), and I am going to buy myself some chocolate to give myself a pat on the back for staying pure this year!

Option number three is what I did for almost 20 years. When I was almost 21 is when I finally got my first Valentine, my hubby. I have to tell you guys that I am so so so glad that I waited to have a Valentine until I knew I had met "the one" so I am telling you this because I want to encourage you on this day to choose to have a good day because it really is your choice. P.S. it helps if you buy yourself chocolate. : )

I went on a my Valentine's Day date last night, we drove to Dodge City which is about fifty miles away, it has the closest theater, we drove through Wendy's and smuggled our food into the theater along with some candy that we had just bought at the gas station (everybody does this right!?), and we held hands the whole time while we watched American Sniper. Wow, that was a good movie.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to my parent's and my little sister for watching Amelia so we could go on our much needed date!

Here are some photos I snapped.



This pile of clothes I am going to sell. Yay for spring cleaning!


She loves taking pictures with me, I love it!



She desperately wanted to wear her cow girl boots so I had to let her!










 


Look at these two! My big and little Valentine!


The snacks we ate on our drive and then we took some of them into the movie.



My sweet sweet lovey boy! My Valentine!




 
I made this homemade apple pie, crust and all! I will do a blog on how to make this and will hopefully get it published today too!
 
I hope you all have a happy Valentine's Day!
I love you all!
 


No comments: