HOME CHRONICLES: How To: HIghtlight in 4 Easy Steps

Friday, July 18, 2014

How To: HIghtlight in 4 Easy Steps

Highlighting is by far one of my favorites things about applying my make-up! It gives that perfect glow! I try to do these four steps everyday.
 
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do . . .
 
STEP ONE
 
 
Take a matte white and use it on the inner eye, and right under your eye brow. For some tips and tricks, and to show you exactly where you should apply it watch the video at the bottom of this blog.
 
STEP TWO
 
 
Take a shimmer white and apply it into the middle of your eye lid. This will make sure that when you applied your other eye shadow your eye lid didn't get to dark. You want to keep the center of your eye lid light to really make your eyes pop!
 
STEP THREE
 
 
Take a bronzer that compliments your skin tone. I prefer a pink undertone to my bronzer. I also prefer a bronzer with some sheen to it. Use the bronzer under your cheek bones, and blend it up to your temples, on the top of your forehead, down the sides of your nose, along your jaw bone, and on your cupids bow (under your lip). I explain this more in the video at the bottom of this blog. Using the bronzer to contour your face will allow the lighter parts on your face to really stand out.
 
STEP FOUR
 
 
Take your preferred blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks and then blend into your bronzer and upwards onto your temples.
 
 
Finish the look by adding some eye liner, mascara, and a lipstick (or tinted chapstick)!
 
Your eyes will be popping and your face will be glowing! I hope you enjoying looking fresh while you go out and have fun doing all of your summer activities!
 
To see how I apply everything, and for some helpful tips and tricks watch this tutorial-
 

No comments: