HOME CHRONICLES: Antique Mall Opportunity

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Antique Mall Opportunity


Op·por·tu·ni·ty
  1. 1.
    a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.

One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.

The other day I was staying a few days in the "big" city with my grandparents because my hubby was away in Colorado for face to face time with his cohort for his master's class. I am so glad he is home now! While I was in Wichita I actually got to go shopping by myself (which almost never happens). I had been really wanting to go to this Antique Mall that we pass every time we go to Wichita.  I finally went. Oh my lands I could spend days in there just looking through everything. It was wonderful! I seriously have a love for antiques or repurposed things.

I asked the lady that was working there about how it works to get one of their booths. It is just $80.00 a month. The initial contract you have to sign for 3 months, but after that you can pay monthly so you can stop anytime you would like. The lady said pretty much all of the booths do really well.

When I went back to my grandparents I started talking to them about opening up a booth with me. They have tons of antiques and items that I think would sell really nicely, and my grandpa is an engineer (like designed the Olympic torch engineer) and could make some really cool things.

This is an opportunity that would include lots of travel time. Really travel time is the only thing holding me back.

I think I would really love it, it would be an opportunity for me to see how much I like it, and see if one day I may want to open my own little boutique up or just keep renting the booth.

Another option for me would be to start up the booth by myself and go to auctions and find great antiques or items that I could repurpose and sell.

I am praying about this opportunity, and praying that if it is something God want's me to pursue then I will still feel energized toward doing it and all of the pieces for starting would fall into place. Pray for me that I will push where I am supposed to push and let go where I am supposed to let go.

If you have any prayer requests let me know and I would love to pray for you!

Here are some inspiring pictures I snapped at the Antique Mall . . .

Okay, I spoiled myself a little bit. I was without my hubby for ten days, I think I deserved a little snack. I just seriously love Braum's  peppermint ice cream. I discovered it when I was pregnant with Amelia and was seriously craving peppermint.

Wouldn't these be so cute to buy and frame them and put them in Amelia's room!?
The only reason I didn't buy them then is because I don't really have navy blue in her bedroom.

How easy would this be to make!


I love this all white booth.


Again, how easy would this be to make! Buy a nice/cheap basket at a thrift store
and paint it white!


I like the distressing on this frame.




























































































No comments: