HOME CHRONICLES: Homemade Cheese Sauce: Glorified Macaroni and Cheese

Friday, October 4, 2013

Homemade Cheese Sauce: Glorified Macaroni and Cheese

I am so happy that my grandma taught me how to make homemade cheese sauce, it is so good and it is so easy!!! All you do is . . .

1. Put 2 tbsp. of butter or oil into a sauce pan and melt it. Make sure your heat isn't to hot because you do not want your butter to separate.

2. Put 2 tbsp. of flour into the butter and stir it. I learned that the longer you let the flour cook the better because it minimizes the flour flavor.

3. Put in 1 cup of liquid. I used milk.

4. Add in however much, and whatever kind of cheese(s) you want!

You can use this sauce on so many dishes. I have used it on rice and tuna, noodles, really anything you want cheese sauce on. You could even make it into a dip by adding so meat or some chilies and tomatoes.

Tonight I added it to pasta, rice, pinto beans, sautéed onions and garlic. It was so yummy!!!







No comments: