We had a couple bananas that were going bad and a can of pumpkin puree from last fall.
Therefore, I decided to go on pinterest and see if I could find a recipe for pumpkin-banana bread. Lo and behold, I did! And, and my it was good!!!
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
(I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, but I made it with . . .
Measure 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a small bowl or cup.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
Add 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice or ground cloves.
Add 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
Stir to blend.
Makes 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Make sure to double this <---
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, or egg white liquid (6 tbsp)
1 cup pumpkin
2 bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients – through pumpkin spice – in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Pictured below.
3. Combine sugar and all remaining wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients, then stir until mixture is moist.
5. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
8. Cool loaf completely and serve.
I love my little measuring guy. My mom bought it for me for Christmas!
All ready to go!
It was so good. I am so glad I tried pumpkin-banana bread and I will definitely do it again! And as a bonus my husband loved it too!