HOME CHRONICLES: New Bed Time

Friday, August 2, 2013

New Bed Time

Lately I have been putting my baby girl to bed earlier around 8:30-9:30 because I read that if you put your baby to be earlier they will actually sleep longer. It is so true! I am loving it! Amelia used to go to bed around 11, and wake up around 4-5 and then go back to sleep until around 7. Now Amelia is sleeping from 11 to 4 then until 9. I am loving it. Another reason I am loving it so much is because my hubby and I were cosleeping with Amelia and she is getting to big to keep it up so she has started sleeping by herself. This new sleeping pattern has also improved her naps during the day. It was hard at first to get a schedule down that worked for Amelia and hubby and I. At first she was waking up at 11,2,4,and 9! I was getting so tired. Thankfully it is getting so much better and has been 8:30 to 11 to 4 to 9. However, last night she went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 11 then woke up at 6:30. It was incredible! We will see what she does tonight.

I just want to encourage all the tired mamas working on a new schedule that it will work out and I am sure your baby will be happier. I know mine is. She is so fun! 5 1/2 months now. Also, the extra time you get in the evening for cuddling with your hubby or cleaning or unpacking like I have been since we moved into a house (loving it, and will post about it later) or giving yourself a manicure like I did tonight, it was desperately needed. I had chipped off black polish yikes! But the time is so nice.

Happy sleeping!







No comments: