HOME CHRONICLES: Baby World

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baby World

Tonight I figured out how to put a new needle in my sewing machine which was super easy after Shane, my husband, got the screw to turn. Then I was able to finish a project that I am going to use as a decoration in Amelia, my 3 1/2 month old baby's room. It was so fun and easy to make these decorations. I had some clothes I was going to get rid of, but I really liked the fabric so I decided to find something to do with it instead. I just bought three embroidery hoops (one of them was a find, it is a yellow metal vintage hoop) and put the fabric over the bottom circle and cut off the excess fabric. Then I found a bird stencil online that I used to trace onto contrasting fabric and just used my sewing machine to sew it on. Just a hint* if you do this project sew on the birds before you cut off the excess fabric once you put the fabric in the embroidery hoop. I did not sew them on first so I had to work for awhile trying to jimmy rig the fabric back into the embroidery hoop. Thankfully I did get it back on and I love the way it turned out! I had to add a picture of cuddles with my baby girl, and her showing off her big blue eyes. So in love with her!






No comments: