HOME CHRONICLES: A Time To Sell

Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Time To Sell

I can not believe I am saying this, but we are selling our home!! We have lived here for a little over a year and a half, but have already spent a lot of time, money, and energy into this house. We did a couple of my favorite projects here like the stenciled kitchen floors, painting the kitchen cabinets, putting shiplap onto the entryway, and replacing the entryway and bathroom floors. We have also made several memories here. Amelia turned five here just recently, we started our infertility treatment here, we made new friendships here, had lots of game nights, hosted a lot of family and friends. Just lots of good stuff that we will remember, happened here. We want to move so we can be closer to my hubby’s work. AND I want a new home because that brings lots of fun new projects!!! 

Although this house truly became our home, it will be another home in our Home Chronicles. My hubby and I have been married for six years and this is our third house flip. We have taken huge risks when it comes to buying homes, like buying a foreclosed home we had never seen, buying a home we didn’t love but God still used for good, and God has really blessed us through these housing opportunities.

I thought it would be a fun time to reflect on what we have done to this home all in one blog post. So, this is sort of the before and after in reverse because I’m showing you the after first. I hope to share the projects we did on this house in later blogs, in the comments below let me know which project you would like me to start with first. So here goes the “after” of all of the fun projects and what they look like now. This will also be like a spring walk through of my home!

Welcome to our entryway! I can’t wait to show you guys the before of this room, it was rough.

Now onto the living room! In here I wanted to keep things pretty simple, but with a lot of interest and contrast in the space. So I added some black and white pillows for a little color contrast, and for a little bit of texture (because who doesn’t love texture in a space? Not this girl 🙋🏼‍♀️) I added my diy cotton stem wreath, the dough bowl, the fur rug on the coffee table, and a chunky white throw. 




Now the natural flow of our home goes into the kitchen and dining room. I have lots of posts I want to do on projects that have been done in here. 


Then if you head upstairs you will see this landing area where I have my office. This is where all the magic happens for my Etsy shop and flash sales over on Instagram. I actually just recently decorated this space. You guys know I am always down for a good basket wall so of course I had to put one in here. They just add so much texture (there’s that word again) and interest. I wasn’t exactly sure which way I should face my desk so here you’ll see a couple ways I tried it out. Let me know in the comments which one you think looks the best?

Also, the baskets in this basket wall are for sale on my Etsy shop, here is a Link to the listing if you want to check it out. 

I love my new ironing board baby I got a couple weeks ago, I was so happy when it fit this space so perfectly!

Upstairs we also have our three bedroom and two bathrooms. Here’s the guest room. Which just so happens to be my favorite because it’s almost always clean, and the times when it’s not clean is when we have company, and I love hosting people in my home! So it’s a win win sitcheeaaation! 


I am absolutely in love with my new sign from @winepaperscissors they have a bunch of beautiful designs in their shop. When I do the individual blogs on these spaces I will make a list of where I found the items. 

Then there is my room, the master bedroom, that is the most recent room that got a spring update. 


That concludes this years spring tour. I still want to share some of these spaces in their own blog post so I can share more about the space and where I found some of the items. 

I know spring will be here before we know it. We have some tulips getting ready to sprout their blooms and I can’t wait to see what color they are. 


Thanks for stopping by! 


Adele

No comments: